Kalaw Ledesma Foundation, Inc., in cooperation with Vibal Foundation, launched the book The Life and Times of Purita Kalaw-Ledesma, a landmark volume chronicling the legacy of patroness and art scholar Purita Kalaw-Ledesma and tracing her invaluable impact in the development of Philippine Modern Art through the 20th century. The book is written by some of the country’s most eminent art historians—Patrick Flores, Eileen Legaspi-Ramirez, Lisa Chikiamco—and edited by Purissima Benitez-Johannot.
A complementary exhibit curated by Ricky Francisco, Piecing Together: Selections and Stories from the Purita Kalaw-Ledesma Collection, ran concurrent to the book launch and was held at the PKL Center, 8th floor. The exhibit runs until December 2017.
Prior to the book launch was an exclusive meet and greet the authors with selected people from the press.
Articles from the Press:
• Through her archives, a portrait of Purita Kalaw-Ledesma and her times
• A tribute to Purita Kalaw-Ledesma
• The scrapbooks that tell the story of Philippine art
• Vibal Foundation Launches The Life and Times of Purita Kalaw-Ledesma Book
• The history of Philippine modern art as seen through Purita Kalaw-Ledesma’s scrapbooks
• “The Life and Times of Purita Kalaw-Ledesma” Book Launch
• Reminiscing Purita Kalaw-Ledesma: The Triumphs and Struggles of a Filipina Art Servant
• New book chronicles life of ‘Mother of Philippine Modern Art’
• A pillar of Philippine art