The Purita Kalaw-Ledesma Center announces its Call for Interns for the last quarter of 2018.
The internship period is from 19 October to 30 November 2018. Undergraduate and graduate students from the fields of Art Studies and Arts Management are encouraged to apply. The PKL Center will accept two interns for this cycle.
Interns will be trained to the following areas of work through assistance in:
- Handling fragile documents on paper, from dry cleaning to making archival sleeves (encapsulation)
- Documenting the process of scrapbook preservation
- Planning, preparations, and implementation of PKL Talks
- Research for an exhibition program in 2018
- Conceptualizing an online/social media plan for the Center’s activities
Interns are expected to fulfill 100 hours of time at the Center. They will receive a certificate upon completion of the program. Internship at the PKL Center is unpaid.
Interested applicants may send their cv and cover letter explaining their motivations for applying. A signed letter of recommendation from a professor/mentor should also be sent.
Kindly address the letter to: Ms. Ada Ledesma-Mabilangan, President, Kalaw-Ledesma Foundation, Inc.
Applications may be e-mailed to klfi_pklcenter(at)yahoo.com on or before 12 October 2018 with the subject heading “Internship Application.”